Saturday, February 23, 2008

alone time

This weekend I have relearned that I need alone time to be happy. All week I am surrounded by and in front of hundreds of high school students all day, then I come home to my roommates and neighbors and friends. I am always around people, having to talk and communicate. I have come to love driving to and from school by myself each day. It helps me prepare and to unwind. Even with this small amount of driving time, it sometimes is not enough. Today I drove by myself to an outlet mall that was about 25 minutes away that I had heard was pretty good. I spent a few hours there just walking around looking at stuff (and got a sweet hurley hoody for only 22 bucks- what a steal!) It was nice to be alone even though there were of course other people there, no one knew me and I was able to do just do my own thing. It is nice to have some reflecting time and to not talk. There are a few people in my life that even when I am around them I can still have reflecting time. There are people that you can just be with. No one has to say anything, no one has to entertain the other, you are just comfortable with each other that presence is enough. I really appreciate these friendships and relationships. I love to know that you can get to know someone well enough that you can just, be. And so, along this thought, I think I might stay home tonight, by myself, to get some alone time and just be happy enjoying me. (hopefully that doesn't sound cheesy)

1 comment:

Dear Lovey Heart said...

what a deal A STEAL OF A DEAL!!!!!! i love you