Thursday, February 21, 2008

enrichment

I feel like I am so ungrateful. Tonight I went to a stake enrichment activity. It was nice to be around older women. They just seem to bring wisdom to the room, even if they aren't necessarily saying anything. We got there right as it was supposed to start and the place was packed. I ended up sitting at a table with the stake president, his wife, and some other women from their ward. The stake first fed us amazing dinner and then put on an awesome play about the 10 virgins. It was quite the production with a detailed set and everything. That story made me reflect on my life and what I have been placing importance on. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and move onto more important things. Easier said than done I know but I do feel like I need to work on it. I am going to try to focus on doing better things with my time and bringing myself closer to the spirit. I am glad I took the time to go tonight. I am glad I had something happen that has caused me to refocus. It seems like everyonce in a while we all really need an out of the every day mundane life experience to wake us up again and get us going. I am thankful for enrichment for maybe the first time ever.

3 comments:

Dear Lovey Heart said...

i am glad tyleen! are you feeling better?

Tyleen said...

yeah i am feeling better, not 100 % yet but soon my dear, soon.

Anonymous said...

What great introspection! Sometimes I find it so hard to remember that.