Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Now what?

I feel like I need to change something in my life. I don't know what it is or why I feel that way or I feel like I do need to but I do. I don't feel motivated to teach anymore. I don't know what it is but I just don't want to plan lessons and I don't want to deal with students and I don't want to wake up and drive to work. And I am just unmotivated. I don't know what it is. I am not sure if I would feel the same way if I had a different job or if it would be better. I think that the thing that is most wearing on me is the fact that I don't ever get to not be thinking about or doing or worry about work. How many other jobs are like that? I don't really know. But it is always in the back of my head and I am always worrying about students and lessons and things like that. I love coaching. I wish that I could just coach and that be it. I think that one of the reasons I started thinking about teaching is because over Christmas break Devin was talking a lot about how he was probably going to start a hospice and he said he wanted me to come work for him. I don't remember what he said the actual title would be but I do know that he basically wants me to run the office and paperwork part of the company. He told me how much he would pay me even and its more than I make now. And, he said that if I found a coaching job I could leave work early to go and coach. I am not sure how much I would like that but if I could do it today I think I would. I just wish that I didn't feel so burnt out. I don't even have my lessons for tomorrow planned yet and I don't even care that much even though I really should. I just don't know. I just need to figure out what I am supposed to do now.

No comments: