Last post was my 100th post. Go me. I am glad I started this thing. Its nice looking back and seeing how I have grown and changed and what I have learned.
Lately I have been dealing with way too much horrible reality. And I mean WAAAAY too much. On Wednesday one of my co-workers got arrested during school. He has been charged and admitted to sexual battery to a minor. Basically I don't understand all of the legal stuff but what happened was he started having an affair (he was married when it began) with a JUNIOR in high school and their "relationship" or whatever the crap you call it has been going on ever since. That's two years. He admitted yesterday to "things" happening over 50 times. What the heck. And, since everything has been coming out the news reported that one of the "incidences" was in a school van on a school trip. I just was and still am in complete shock with all of this. How could anyone be so stupid? He got released to house arrest but is obviously still facing tons of problems and could possibly end up serving life in prison. I am disgusted. I don't know how to feel. Every time I see his face on the news or internet I feel horribly sad for him because his life is totally and completely ruined. But, at the same time I am glad things have been stopped and he is being held responsible for the complete idiocy and horribleness of what has happened. Also, I feel sorry for the girl but mad at her at the same time. Yes, she was a student. Yes, he is the responsible adult and should have not let it happen. Yes, she was 17 years old. BUT, she also knew he was married, has 2 kids, is his student, and I know her and know that she is not in anyway naive and fully knew what was going on and how completely wrong it was. They both have fault. Yes, his is more like I said but she isn't squeaky clean from all of this either.
Blah... I just hate it and hate that I even have to think about it and wonder how to feel and feel so confused about how it even happens. Students are completely at a loss. I don't know how to help them.
Another crappy thing happening is Bre (the lady I coach with) has totally and completely lost it. Last night in the locker room during half time she let loose and screamed and yelled and used every horrible word in the book. And who was she yelling at? 15-17 year old girls!!! How could you even begin to think that was ok? I am so tired of people being stupid. I feel bad for the girls. I feel bad for their parents. I feel bad for the teams that have to come play us. I feel bad for Bre that she lives life in the way that she does. I just feel plain bad.
I need the weekend more than ever. Thank goodness its Friday.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment