Monday, January 18, 2010

I should be sleeping...

I should be laying down, closing my eyes, and going to sleep right now. But, I want to write something down so I don't forget. Last night I was talking to Cassie about life and I came to a realization of why I feel like I am tired of teaching lately. I think that for maybe the first time, I truly feel ready to get married. I feel like I am ok with who I am enough that I can find someone that will best compliment my personality and how I want to live my life. I think that before i was so confused that I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I wanted or needed and in the end that wouldn't have been good. But, now.... I know who I am, I know where I am in my life, and I know where I want to end up. And ultimately, I want to end up being a wife and a mother. I think that as I hear about more of my friends getting married and having babies and being moms and doing that "season" of their life makes me ready for it too. And so that's why I think teaching is wearing on me. I know I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I know that it is not my purpose or my goal or what I want to be truly happy. But, I also know that this is where I am and this is what I need to be happy doing for right now. I know that things will happen eventually and that when it does I will realize how worth the wait it has been. All I have to say is that this guy, no matter who he is, better be pretty dang amazing and love me more than life itself.

No comments: