Monday, June 23, 2008

babysitting

This weekend I watched a family of 4 kids in my ward while their parents went out of town for the anniversary and so that their dad could compete in an iron man! (that's like 2 1/2 mile swim, 105 mile bike ride and then a full marathon!!!) The kids were 13, 9, 7 and 3. I was a little unsure of how it was going to go but it actually turned out to be pretty fun. These kids were so easy to watch and so easy going. Kind of strange to think about but it gave me a glimpse of what kind of mom I want to be. I enjoyed letting the kids make their own choices about what they wanted to wear, wanted to do, when to eat, what to eat (up to a point, no you can't have hot chocolate for every meal), who to play with and things like that. I can't even imagine being a mom that was in control of your childs life. That would get SO exhausting. At the same time that these kids basically decided how their day would go they were still understanding when I would ask them to do something or tell them it was time to go to bed. They would just say ok and do it. I wonder if you can help your kids be like that or if they just come that way. Overall though I really enjoyed it and I made some money at the same time which is always a plus.

Here is a link to their mom's blog: http://wenderful.wordpress.com/
I think that the kids are pretty dang cute especially the 3 year old Will.

No comments: