I remember thinking about the way that people live the gospel in their lives when I lived in Provo. There were so many different displays of people's beliefs and testimonies that it made me think about how I showed what I truly believed in my every day life.
I think that was maybe one of the main reasons provo and I didn't mesh was because there were too many different people living life in ways that didn't make sense to me. There were the people that showed up to church on Sunday and that was pretty much it. Throughout the week I saw and heard of them doing things that made no sense if they really knew the church was true. There were the people that were so self-righteous that it made me wanna never speak to them again. When they stopped talking to my roommate because she got her nose pierced i wanted to scream at them. Did they really think that they were that much better than everyone else and that they wanted to everyone to know it?
Anyways, I have been thinking about this lately. Some of the things one of my friends has told me lately made me wonder how I am doing in living my own testimony. Sometimes I feel like I don't share my testimony enough and that there are more things that I can do to make sure I am a good example and that people will really know what I believe. But, I guess I have been thinking about it and I feel like for the most part, I am pretty happy with how I am doing these days. I have thought about it and I think that the people that I have learned the most from in my life are the people that showed me their testimony and were good examples for me did it in a quiet way. They were never flashy and judging. They just did what they knew was right because that's what they wanted to do, not because they wanted other people to know about it or see it. I hope that I have been living like that. I like the idea of being a quiet, simple example to those around me. I'm not saying that everyone around me should look to me for an example of what they should be doing but I would like to think that somehow, someway I can help at least someone. I never want people around me to think that I think I am better than them. I feel like one of the best things we can do in this life is be non-judgmental and accept people for who they are and really get to know them. I feel like when I have done this and really been able to get to know people it is at these times when I can most openly share my testimony with them and they are more apt to listen because they don't feel like I'm preaching to them. Not saying I'm perfect at this... just something I have been thinking about lately. I'm just going to try to continue on in my own personal quiet way doing what is right.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment