Tuesday, August 26, 2008

its all becoming real

My first day of school is tomorrow. I soon get to meet the kids that I have just seen on paper so far. I thought I was going to be nervous by now but suprisingly, I'm not. I think that I am ready. I have been thinking about, learning about, speculating about, planning for, and anticipating this day for almost 3 years and it is finally here. I am finally going to be a real teacher.

It is almost a little overwhelming to think that I finally made it here. I am doing what I want to do. I am moving forward in my life in the direction I want to go. I am really glad that 3 years ago during the first week of the semester I decided to change majors and become a teacher. Sometimes I couldn't help but wonder if I made the right decision. After this last week of preparing my very own classroom and wondering what my very own students would be like, I think that I did. It feels natural that I am in the classroom which is comforting. I think I'm ready to do this.

I hope tomorrow goes well.

No comments: