Monday, August 18, 2008

I finally woke up from my nightmare

Moving to Pocatello has not been quite as easy as I hoped it would be. It was a horrible experience and I am so glad that the bad part is over. Here's what happened.

I showed up to my "house" in Pocatello on Saturday night. Well it was NOTHING like I expected. The pictures I saw were VERY deceiving. This house was no joke at least 100 years old. I think that it used to be where the owners of a motel lived because well that's what it was. It is in maybe the most sketchy part of town in Pocatello. Sketchy as in, I was afraid to be outside alone at night. Like even on my doorstep. Ok, so the outside was bad. When I got inside I thought it might be ok. I mean the girl had nice couches and stuff the house was just old. Well upon further inspection I realized I could not live here. The outlets were so old that they were missing that 3rd prong hole. That meant I couldn't use my laptop in my room... lame. Later I found out my blow dryer didn't work in the bathroom. My bedroom was so boiling hot I wanted to sleep without any clothes on (I was tempted except I was afraid my roommate might walk in so I settled for keeping my undies on) So that night I went to bed trying to sleep but not really being able to because I was so stressed out. I dreamt about it, I tossed and turned, I woke up and just layed there multiple times. It was a long night.

Sunday morning I woke up and basically wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. My mom told me we had some family friend that lived here so I called them and asked if I could stay with them for a couple of days while I figured out what to do. They said yes I could as long as I needed to. I packed up my car with all of my stuff and went to find Carlie's old bishop so that he could maybe help me with some ideas. Well she was wrong about what time the ward met so there I was, sitting in my car with all of my crap with no where to go. I sat there for a while and just cried. I wanted to just call American Falls and tell them I wasn't coming and just go home. Basically, it sucked. After some more phone calls I finally found the bishop and he suggested moving to the complex where Carlie lived last year. He even told me which apartment he thought would be best. Well I called the girl and she said I could come and talk to her. It was nice to see it and meet her and I decided if it came to that I would just move there even though earlier in the summer I felt like that's not where I was supposed to be.

Well, to make what could be a much longer more horrible story short. I talked to some more people, went and looked at a house which was super nice but didn't feel right, stayed with the Mickelson's for far too long considering the whole time I was there it felt awkward and I had nothing to do because they have no internet or tv (really people? come on) and I finally decided to just move into the apartments.

Wednesday morning I came here, filled out all of the paper work, wrote out a fatty check, and moved in all within about an hour and a half. I feel ok about living here. Considering the alternative I guess I feel great about living here. The only concern is that once again I am living in an apartment with 5 other girls. One of which is a new freshman who is from Rexburg who is in the marching band who practices her sax in her room so far every day. The upside? I have my own room, we have 2 fridges, a walk in pantry, things are pretty new and nice and I don't feel like my personal safety is threatened.

And so, I made it. I finally am moved in. I am moving forward. I am starting the next step in my life. Go me.

No comments: