I so did not know what I had gotten myself into going into this race. This should give you an idea of how hard this was:

just check out that elevation chart at the bottom. I mean could there be any more hills?? It was so hard and I even had to walk up that last hugely steep hill for a while. But.... it was so much fun!
I had so much fun running with my family. I am really glad that I did it. I honestly believe that it was this race that saved mine and Devin's relationship. Even though we were really close growing up over the past couple of years we have had our battles and both have said things that were not nice and I can definitely say I thought things were never going to get better. But, training for this brought us together. And I couldn't be happier about it.
We all decided that we want to do another one. The half marathon length was just perfect. When I ran my full marathon 4 1/2 years ago I made a goal I would run one every 5 years. That would mean I need to do one next summer... We'll see how that all goes.
I do love running. It is so freeing and just makes me feel good. I wish I had more time during basketball season to run. But, I am just so dang tired when I get home. I am going to get into insane shape as soon as basketball ends. Mark my words.
I wish I could add pictures but I am at work and all my pictures are at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment