Monday, March 24, 2008

Deciding to be Happy

So a while ago I came across this article and I really liked it so I bookmarked it. Today I was just thinking about a lot of things and I randomly decided to read it again. It has a lot of good points and it has given me a lot to think about and consider. Here is the link and a few parts I really liked.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/mindbodyandsoul/personalgrowth/articlegh.aspx?cp-documentid=5945810&GT1=10822

"The study authors suspect that a downside of feeling happy most of the time is that you expect to feel that way all the time. So when good things happen, it seems normal, but when bad things happen, it can seem catastrophic."

"Those only are happy who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness; on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind.... Aiming thus at something else, they find happiness by the way."

"Some people are able to make the best of things that happen — and that's a key to happiness"

2 comments:

Dear Lovey Heart said...

keep on trekkin friend

Anonymous said...

I'm really proud of your efforts girl. Your a good example in so many things.